Saturday, December 23, 2006

Unbelievable...

...that I can live in a place where THIS article's title is ACCEPTABLE?

I reside in one of the most liberal BLUEST states in the nation,
yet THIS CRAP has to make it's way into my daily paper.

I understand that the article is speaking out against China's new regulations concerning International Adoption, but the powers that be here at the Boston Herald,
should have chosen more wisely their wording for that title, period.

I mean, what happened? Didn't we put ourselves on the map for being the FIRST STATE TO LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE? I was never more proud that day of the place I called 'home'.


Sure, ok so you can be gay & get married, rock on, what's next, oops, be careful, before you know it you'll be told you can't be fat & ugly & gay & marry?
And forget about adopting from china if you fall under those categories...
...perish the thought!

And WHOSE TO SAY WHAT'S FAT & UGLY ANYWAY?
Society's view on beauty is what is the UGLIEST OF ALL in my eyes!
Sure, I'm a bigger woman than most, but you know what, there are TONS of guys who FIND ME PERFECTLY SEXY AS IS!
Who's to say what is BEAUTY & what ISN'T?
Sadly, in the case of china, if Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, than China being the beholder, us fatty's are out of luck, and God forbid if you have a repaired cleft lip etc,
I COULD PUKE I'M SO ANGRY AT THIS!

The article is basically SLAMMING the CCAI'S new rules regarding INTERNATIONAL ADOPTION but COMPLETELY FAILS TO SEE THAT THEY'RE ONLY PERPETUATING THE UGLINESS BY USING THEIR TITLE:

"FAT AND UGLY CAN'T ADOPT FROM CHINA"

You know, far be it from me to tell them how to do their job, but...
couldn't it have said "New CCAI rules leave many heartbroken..."
or even
"Love & ability to provide may not prove enough to new Chinese standards..."
etc...

ANYTHING BUT FAT & UGLY CAN'T ADOPT FROM CHINA!

Shame on you Boston Herald, shame on anyone who had a hand in printing such a title that you thought for even a SECOND that that was ACCEPTABLE!

(Because it WASN'T!)

And don't even get me started on the other issue at hand...

...by these new regulations & restrictions, China is essentially saying that me, ME
that I'm unfit to parent my child, my Ruby.

And that, to me, just is NOT ok in my book.


I'll tell you one thing, in a year or two, when Ruby is able to articulate her feelings with words, I'll be sure to ask her if she feels I'm a fit mother, and share with you all, her answer.
But for right now, I'm pretty sure all the hugs & kisses & 'uh voo Momma's' speak for themselves, this 'single fat momma' is doing A'Ok as far as Ruby is concerned.

My heart now breaks for the many families who will
not be able to adopt under these new guidelines.
I pray that they will all find their way to their children-
some way,
some how,
some form
& with Godspeed.



1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

It is very sad when the media don't consider their words. I find that here all the time. Amy I am sure Ruby will say 'you are perfectly fit to be my mama and I want no other mama than you!'
BTW as a foster mom I had 4 beautiful children, all of their parents would have met the requirements for China's new policy and yet sadly they did things that meant their children ended up in care. These set requirements do not mean good parenting!