Saturday, December 16, 2006

Irony with a capital...

...FUNNY!

So, Ruby was dancing around the living room tonight in her 'oh so cute' way, listening to music from Noggin, and as she's swirling & twirling, I notice something slightly SHINY & BRIGHT shooting beams from her hair.
Hmmm, what the hell is that?
Ruby, baby, come here & see Momma so I can see what's goin' on with your head girl...
"Momma, wha'issit?"
C'mere baby, let me see... come close so I can check out your hair...

Ruby comes closer all the while whispering to me,
"wha'issit Momma? wha'issit? shhh (now whispering) wha'issit?"

Me (also whispering, although I don't quite know why...)
'I dunno baby, let's see...'

So she gets close to me & I look & there's a sticker
just kinda 'hanging out' in her hair, as happy as can be.

'Hmmm, It's a sticker Ruby...'
She looks at me with a smile & says with wide eyes;
"A STICKER?!!!! OOOH MOMMA A STICKER!!!"

It's teenie & I haven't a clue where it came from or what it is, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let it stay in her hair all 'welfare' style, SO, out comes the sticker..."

Upon getting a closer look at it, Ruby asks me once more;
"wha'issit Momma?"

I DIE LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS is what it was:

(scroll down)

























You can SEE why THIS PARTICULAR STICKER had me in STITCHES!
How very apropos. LMFAO

I suppose after the day we had yesterday, a good laugh is exactly what the doctor ordered!

*grin*

7 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh I am laughing histerically! How very funny. I love Ruby's 'what is it?' I could actually picture it!
Keep the laughter going!!!

Yvonne said...

Someday she, too will understand the irony!

C's Mom said...

That's gonna be a good story for a long time to come.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a much better day!

Save that sticker, as I'm sure you will...it's a treasure that evoked healing laughter.

Lois

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'd be wiling to bet your deicious girl was wearing new pj's made in China tonight. Can't help it, I'm a police officer's mother.

Lois

Elyssium Earth said...

Tee hee! Just one more lil' bit of synchronicity! Love it!

Eliza2006 said...

That is so freaking funny!

Tiffany